We totally agree, but what does that really mean, a healthy lifestyle? A healthy lifestyle is one that strengthens your immune system. A lifestyle that gives you enough energy physically and mentally to live your life the way you want to. Therefore you will discover here how you can live healthier: on your plate, in your head and in terms of sport on this website about health. 1. Eat 500 grams of vegetables and 2 pieces of fruit every day Besides vitamins and minerals, vegetables and fruit contain a lot of fiber. These fibers are food for the good bacteria in your intestines. And did you know that your immune system is largely located in your intestines? Healthy gut flora create an environment where germs do not feel at home. Challenge yourself: can you manage to eat more than 25 different fruits and vegetables a week? Try 'forgotten' vegetables. And eat according to the colors of the rainbow, because brightly colored vegetables (beets, red cabbage, carrots) and fruits (berries, blackberries, raspberries) are full of antioxidants. 2. Choose unprocessed carbohydrates Unrefined carbohydrates are found in vegetables, fruits and whole grain cereals. Your body absorbs these carbohydrates slowly, so they satisfy your hunger longer. In addition, they contain a lot of fiber, which supports your intestines. Oatmeal, brown rice, whole grain pasta and bread contain unrefined carbohydrates. White bread, white pasta and sugar-rich products contain refined (processed) carbohydrates. In principle, your body does not need these, so it is better to limit them. A good rule of thumb is the 80/20 rule, whereby 80% of what you eat is purely natural and unprocessed. With the other 20% you treat yourself to less natural delicacies.... 3. Eat enough proteins Proteins serve as a building material in your body and contribute to the bacterial diversity in your intestines. You need 0.8 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight, which on average is about 60 grams per day. Animal proteins are found in (fatty) fish, organic chicken and other poultry, beef, eggs, sheep or goat cheese and other nutrients, like discussed on this website. Plant proteins are found in soy products, buckwheat, quinoa, seeds like hemp and chia seeds, seeds, nuts and legumes like lentils and peas. 4. Don't be afraid of fats Essential (unsaturated) fats are essential for the proper functioning of your immune system. Unsaturated fats can be found in oils (such as olive, hemp, walnut or safflower oil), fatty fish, seeds, kernels and nuts. Be moderate with products high in saturated fat, such as meat, dairy products and snacks.